Tree removal provides benefits to our community and climate stability.
All trees have a definite life expectancy. Removal being the last option when trees cannot be pruned to reduce a hazard or structural damage is being caused.
Why Remove a Tree
- Significant structural damage to property is being caused
- Tree is dead, dying, diseased and at the end of it’s life span
- Structurally unsound and dropping limbs
- Council development applications require removal of trees
- Trees are classified as noxious weeds
Can I Top a Tree
You should never Top a tree except in emergency situations to make safe of imminent danger.
Topping creates problems such as:
- Increased pest and disease
- Poorly attached regrowth that can fall without warning
- Death to part of the root system or increase in feeder root growth
- Increased cost and frequency of maintenance
- Reduces tree’s life span
- Decreased sunlight as the remaining branches produce extra leaves
- Loss of aesthetics and neutral shape